Symptoms of Trauma.
People can have different reactions to trauma and as a result people can experience a range of different symptoms at different levels of severity. The most common identified symptoms related to trauma include:
- Sadness and Hopelessness.
- Social Withdrawal and Isolation.
- Tiredness and Exhaustion.
- Poor Concentration.
- Repressed Memories.
- Intrusive Memories and Flashbacks.
- Guilt and Self-Blame.
- Aches and Pains.
- Avoidance of Places or Activities that set reminders of the Traumatic Event.
- Intense Anxiety and Fear.
- Disorientation and Confusion.
- Loss of Interest in Activities.
- Memory Loss.
- Eating Disorders.
- Sleep Disturbances and Insomnia.
- Excessive Alertness.
- Emotional Detachment.
- Muscle Tension.
There are other symptoms that people can experience, however these are the main ones that have been associated with trauma. Sufferers of trauma may not experience all of these symptoms as well however the symptoms they do experience can be very detrimental to their health and overall wellbeing.